Woman making comics (8 points)


I read Fun Home for the previous week, a female writer and artist did that, and for this week, I also read "The Handmaid's Tale" graphic novel and the first two issues of "Lumberjanes."


For "The Handmaid's Tale," I watch the first episode of the show based on the book, but I wouldn't say I liked it. I thought it looked dull and felt boring. But with the graphic novel, I had a completely different experience. I enjoyed the style of the drawings. Not only by the way the tremendous watercolor work is done. But also the way it was designed. All the costumes, little details looked much more fantasy-like than in the show. That way, it was easier for me to believe that we are in the new totalitarian country. I believe the story follows the book much more correctly than the show, so I think this graphic novel is a great way to read this story if you don't like books.


Lumberjanes is a fun story about five girl scouts that discover a lot of mysteries in the woods. The idea and the atmosphere remind me of "Gravity Falls" or "Hilda" comics and shows.

No matter what, I enjoyed it. Lumberjanes was easy to read and to follow. The characters felt fun, and each of them has a uniques character. I think that the art style might be a bit messy for my taste, but it adds to the story's fun and it's dynamics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival (3 points)

OSAMU TEZUKA, Buddha 1,2 - (9 points)

George Herman comic strips (2 point)