OSAMU TEZUKA, Buddha 1,2 - (9 points)


I read three volumes from Osamu Tezuka about Buddha. I knew about this artist and his style, how he loved animation and was so highly inspired by Walt Disney. 

But I never read his works, but I also knew what manga is and what I can expect. I expected a cluttered art with many details, many dialogs, and just overall beautiful but slow reading. 

Instead, I was amazed by what I got.

His manga is incredibly appealing, straightforward, and just fun. 

I was feeling like I am watching a Disney animation movie. 

I can easily see the influence the author got from Walt. All lines are soft and round. Eyes are big and round. And it is incredible how Osamu draws action scenes. They are so clear and fast. He uses many secondary lines and adds extra limbs to his characters when they are running or doing something fast. 

This method is often used in animation. 


Also, I was surprised how clear, clean, and simple his paneling style is. His mangas are the easiest ones for me to read so far. All the letters are significant. There are no more than six panels on one page. All the lines are thick and clear, with a great line of action and opposing space principles. 


Storywise I knew legend about Siddhartha, but I never knew the story about Tata, and I fell in love with this boy. Artist-made him so appealing and so fun. His art looks like for children, but the themes there are not childlike. 

I can also see how other significant artists like Hayao Miyazaki were inspired by the great master Osamu Tezuka. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival (3 points)

George Herman comic strips (2 point)