Moebius (6 points)

I read some graphic novels from amazing artists - Moebius. Such stories like: "Upon a Star," "The garden of Aedena," "The Goddess," and "Arzach." 


Before I started reading, I was already familiar with Moebius art. I think the way he uses lines and colors is breathtaking. The amount of detail that, no matter what, still doesn't make the art heavy is just incredible. 

So, I already knew that I would enjoy reading his graphic novels, but I wasn't sure about the story. 

I was always looking just at Moebius art, but I had no chance to get his full story. So I didn't know how he panels his novels, what stories he does, how he represents different characters, etc. 

And I was really surprised that I was very into the novel not because of the unique art but also because the story is very interesting. 

I enjoyed the story about Stel and his partner Atan and how first it is just a space adventure story about two friends from a super far future, where all the people did not have gender. And here suddenly, in a world, these two partners start to live on the planet without any future technology like Adam and Eve and have more different gender (now they also start look more like humans and not aliens). Still, the story does not follow the biblical idea but moves towards its own path, which is very interesting. 


And of course, I can not say anything about how beautiful the artist uses his colors... And everything is done so simple, all colors are flat with no shadows, and yet the image looks so alive. I especially love the night scenes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival (3 points)

OSAMU TEZUKA, Buddha 1,2 - (9 points)

George Herman comic strips (2 point)